HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. Do I look old yet? (I sure feel old.) Reflecting back on the past 20 years of my life, I have realized that I have learned a lot of valuable lessons, whether they came from good or bad experiences. Here’s a list of twenty things I’ve learned before turning twenty:
- Keep your circle close.
It’s much easier to balance school, work, and a social life when you can count the number of your best friends on one hand.
- Shit happens.
You could be having a perfect day, and then someone slams into the side of your car. Shit happens and we just have to deal with it as it comes. LIFE, man.
- Take every damn opportunity that comes your way.
For example, I am going to China in A WEEK!!!
- It’s okay to wear red lipstick to a 9am class.
Do what makes you happy because no one really cares.
- Don’t hold grudges.
Life is too damn short!
- Reading is cool.
When was the last time you read a book?
- Be straight up with people.
- Its alright to put yourself first once in a while.
- Be your own sugar mama and treat yourself!
Yes, buy those shoes. You look good in them!
- Thank the universe.
- Be yourself.
People will love you for you.
- Make eye contact.
It’s meaningful and it portrays confidence.
- Learn from your mistakes…
(Still working on this one)
- Be kind to others, and yourself.
- Write people notes.
It means the world to receive a handwritten note.
- People are temporary.
Not everyone is meant to stay in your life.
- Sometimes you need to ask for help, and that is perfectly normal.
I always want to do everything myself, but I am not always right.
- People have different opinions and that’s okay.
You don’t need to cut people out of your life for one tiny disagreement
- Don’t lie, because it will catch up to you.
- Time is flying; appreciate every moment (good and bad)
Thank you for reading and thank you for all the birthday love!
Heels: I forget!!!